Remove four Interceptors from the box.
For Use Under Furniture & Bed Frame Legs
1. Place one Interceptor under each leg. Leg should be securely placed in center of Interceptors. Use caution when lifting furniture and bed. SEE FIGURE A
2. Bed bugs will travel down furniture or bed frame legs into the inner well of the Interceptors, unable to climb out.
3. For use under furniture legs and against the wall. It is a good idea to occasionally check underneath Interceptor especially if it is on carpeted floors as bed bugs may harbor under the unit.
For Use Along the Wall
1. Place flat edge of Interceptor completely against the wall every 5 ft. SEE FIGURES B & C
2. Bed bugs will travel down the wall into the outer well of the interceptors, unable to climb out.
When inspecting Interceptor for bed bug evidence:
Check Interceptor at least once per week for bed bug evidence, such as small, reddish brown bugs the size of an apple seed, small blood stains or dark excreta spots, dead bed bugs, shed skins or small whitish eggs. If evidence of bed bugs is detected, dump contents of Interceptor into plastic bag. Tightly seal bag and dispose of immediately. Make sure the bag does not have any rips, tears or holes. Interceptor can be reused. Wash with soapy water before reuse.
- Check the Interceptor for any debris as this will provide a way for bed bugs to escape. Do not allow bedding to come in contact with Interceptor as this will provide a way for bed bugs to climb onto the bed.
- Check the Interceptor for any cracks or breaks in the plastic that would allow bed bugs to escape. If cracks or breaks are present, dispose of Interceptor immediately.